Surety Bonds

Defective Title Bonds

Defective Title Bonds, also known as Certificate of Title Bonds or Lost Title Bonds, are required by the Department of Motor Vehicles when the title of a vehicle is lost, clouded, or defective in some way, and must be obtained in order to register the vehicle. This bond guarantees the Principal does in fact have clear title to the vehicle.
You may need a Lost Title Bond if your original title was lost, stolen, or ruined in a natural disaster. Maybe you purchased and paid for a vehicle but never received a title. If your vehicle is too old or custom-built, you may need to purchase a Certificate of Title Bond.
Your state’s individual bonding requirements will determine the cost of your Defective Title Bond. After reviewing your application, our bonding specialists at Nation’s Surety will work to find you the best rate.
Apply now and one of our bonding experts will make sure you get the bond in the amount needed. Questions? Call us at 760 – 747-8175.


STATESelect a state below and proceeed to next step.


BOND TYPESelect a bond from the list below and proceed to the final step.


APPLYYou can now start applying online for the surety bond you need.